Further Power to The Robot Control Unit
The Comau Open Controller is an advanced proprietary software that enables external PCs to seamlessly control Comau robots using advanced control algorithms and innovative trajectory generation methods. With Comau Open Controller, users can achieve higher precision and efficiency in robot control, leading to improved productivity and reduced costs.
Comau’s Open approach offers enhanced control capabilities and further power to the Robot Control Unit, making it an ideal choice for universities, research centers, and innovative industries looking to implement their own motion strategy or algorithms to control a robot.
This new software can interact with standard control processes, allowing for seamless integration with external PCs and the use of additional control algorithms for more advanced control actions.
Comau’s Open Approach
Users can take advantage of cutting-edge technology to achieve superior robotic control, performance, and precision. Switching from one operative mode to another no longer requires turning off the motors.
Thanks to its advanced technology, the robot can continue to function while the user communicate the desired modes to the Comau Open Controller. With that, users can easily switch between different modes without any disruptions.
This innovative feature can significantly enhance the robot’s performance, improving productivity. It is now possible to create a generic mixed trajectory:
- Measures received by PC (no commands sent by PC)
- target generated by PC
- position and; or velocity controlled by PC
- target or current corrected by PC
- sensor managed by PC
Open Controller Key Features
- OPEN: an external PC can directly manage the robot using a communication protocol to generate the trajectory and/or to drive current references
- POWERFUL: a lot of operative modalities is supported without require robot stopping
- EASY: PDL2 gives the possibility to use move instructions, system variables, signal and semaphores for concurrence programming, TCP/IP socket communications, I/O management
- NEW: From the technologies implemented by industrial engineers to the methodologies studied by research people in order to enable rapid prototyping approach
- CONTROLLER: Robustness and safety are guaranteed by classic supervising Comau Controller systems
- Have more computational power
- Increase flexibility in getting information from external sensors, e.g. to implement
- Vision Algorithms: Look & Move, Visual servoing
- Interaction Algorithms: Force control, Impedance control
- CAD Planning: Surface movements, Complex Interferences.
- Fast prototyping
- Capability of developing and testing new algorithms and solutions
Supported Comau Controllers
- C5GPlus Rel 1.0
- C5GPlus Rel 2.0
- C5GPlus Rel 3.0
It is possible to expand the Controller Internal PC ethernet socket pool by installing an Annex Ethernet Card.
Minimum External PC Configuration:
Linux-based RTOS 32/64bit
Memory: 4+GB RAM (system memory)
Cpu: 2 GHz dual core processor
Disk: SSD preferred
Network: Gigabit Ethernet Interface, direct connection preferred