The missing link between robot-like flexibility and machine tool precision
Comau innovation puts the power of high-speed robotic machining in your hands with its newest machining tool that is strong enough to do multiple operations in aluminum, titanium and composite materials. Introducing the new Comau XMini, a compact and highly flexible 5-axis carbon fiber machine tool robot developed in collaboration with Exechon.
A new paradigm in high-speed machining
XMini gives you performances of a machine tool and the flexibility of an industrial robot with a modular structure that can be disassembled, relocated, reassembled and recalibrated in just a few hours.
It is designed to handle complex parts like frames, battery boxes and structural components.
Features and benefits
- Single setup, 6-side burr free machining
- Speeds reaching up to 3g acceleration
- High flexibility with high stiffness and accuracy
- Designed for complex parts and components
- Cycle time reduced by up to 50%
- Productivity improvement of up to 20%
- Unique, patented carbon fiber architecture
XMini can easily handle the automation of complex parts management and multi-build scenarios within a manufacturer’s existing workflow and blueprint. Precision machined components include battery cases, frame structures and chassis components for the automotive, aerospace, energy and electrification markets.